Monday, November 25, 2019

High School Football - Senior Season


My senior season of football was honestly my best year and the team’s best year. I came in where I ended last year, as a wide receiver and a cornerback. But this year I was doing a lot better when it came to what I was doing running crisp routes and catching the balls thrown my way. I tried to make the best of my opportunities at practice and in games. I made just I did the best I could in practices because I wanted the coaches to trust me and put me in on pass plays and I wanted our quarterback to trust me and get me the ball. This year was filled with great memories. Our program got our first win in two years, on week 1 of the season. We won 34-14. One of my next favorite memories was week 3, our first home game of the year, I had like 7 tackles and 2 interceptions, one of the interceptions was in the 4th quarter when we were up 21-7. Our safety tipped a pass and I jumped up and caught it and almost returned it for a pick 6. The other pick was late in the 4th quarter and the receiver was running a fade route and I undercut him because the ball was thrown short and I picked the ball off in front of him. That was an awesome way to start off the homestand my senior year. Another memory I will never forget is week 5 I ran a fade route into the endzone, and our quarterback threw me the ball and I jumped over this dude and caught it over him in the endzone. The referee called me out of bounds but on film you can see I was in fact in bounds. Another great memory of that day is a brawl started between both teams halfway through the 4th quarter and it was freaking sweet. Finally, senior night was another great memory because I got to suit up with one of my best friends playing on our home field for the last time and even though we lost it was still a great experience. This year was the first time in 20 years we started the season off 4-2, and we were in the run to get into the playoffs, but when we started thinking of the playoffs we kind of fell of the wagon and ended the year 4-6 which was still the best year we had in 10 years but still could have been much, much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment