Sunday, November 24, 2019

High School Baseball - Senior Season


My senior season was awesome, not because that we did that great. We went around .500 again, which makes me mad. We went around .500 every season of my high school career and that’s very disappointing because we have a lot of talent every year and should’ve done better. Just like last year, my roles were the same, lea as best as I can and play my position in the outfield. I had a pretty good season for myself, I started the year off batting over .600 and about halfway through the year, cooled off tremendously but started to heat back up toward the end of the year. The first game of the season was good and bad way to start the year. I was killing the ball at the plate so that was the good, but I had two errors on the first two fly balls hit my way, and we lost so that was not the way we wanted to start the year. I remember a lot of the good and the bad from my last baseball season. One good thing is we finally beat our crosstown rival twice, the last time we beat them was freshmen year. I was leading the team in batting average, runs scored, and RBIs, how fun senior night was, getting to play with my best friends in the rain, killing the team we played. Now, I remember the good, but like most people, I remember the bad more so. I had to run more than I wanted to senior year because I didn’t agree with some of the stuff going on and I am very competitive and want to win and as a team we weren’t winning.  We got run-ruled for the first time ever while I was in high school and in our last tournament which was the district semi-finals, we were winning 6-0 in the 6th inning and then everything started to snowball, and we ended up losing 7-6 on a walk off. Even though there was some good and bad, I would trade that season or the seasons before for anything. My experience playing high school baseball with all of my friends was awesome because of the guys I got to play with. Our team dedicated this season to our assistant coach who was diagnosed with colon cancer the year before. We knew he didn’t have a lot of time and we wanted him to know this season was for him and we love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment